2019 Qld Beekeepers Association Conference and AGM
The 115th QBA Conference will be held at the
at 5 Links Court, Woorim, Bribie Island
Thursday 30th – Friday 31st May (at Bribie Island Golf Club) – see map
FIELD DAY: Saturday 1st June 2019 (at Bribie Island State School) – see map
Accommodation options at Sandstone Point (on the mainland, just over the Bribie Island Bridge):
More information on the Conference will be posted here as it becomes available.
Bribie Island is a wonderful location for a Conference – pleasantly warm coastal weather during winter months and a great place to spent extra days relaxing and soaking up the beautiful weather, scenery and activities on offer for all ages. It is also an island of fascinating history.
- The Island is located in the northern part of Moreton Bay, approximately 70km north of Brisbane and 85km south of the Sunshine Coast.
- It remains the only Moreton Bay Island to be connected to the mainland by a bridge.
- Most of the Island is uninhabited, consisting of National Park covering 55.8 square kilometres.
- Bribie Island is separated from the mainland by the Pumicestone Passage Marine Park which has 24 islands and is bounded by 240 kilometres of shoreline
- Bribie Island was the home of the Gubbi Gubbi Aboriginal group with the first European to reach its shore being Matthew Flinders who landed in 1799 to make repairs to his vessel, the Norfolk.
Include the 2019 QBA Conference into your holiday. Bribie Island is one of Queensland’s most relaxing and beautiful islands and part of the diverse and interesting Moreton Bay.