3rd Australian Bee Congress
27 – 30 June 2018
held at RACV Royal Pines, Gold Coast, Queensland
Pollination and Beekeeping for the Future
The 3rd Australian Bee Congress is proudly sponsored by the Australian Honey Bee Industry Council. The planning for an interesting and varied programme is now in its final stages. The organising committee is striving towards establishing a program that is both educational, empowering and focusing on the congress theme of “Pollination and Beekeeping for the Future”.
The Congress is for all who work in commercial beekeeping, operate a small number of hives, rely on honey bees for crop pollination, work in partnership with growers and beekeepers or wish to enjoy some of the social activities offered.
- Speakers Many Australian and International speakers will present interesting and informative sessions on relevant research that particularly explores and relate to the Congress theme as well as valuable sessions on important practical aspects of beekeeping, such as diseases.
- Trade Show There will be a large Trade Show with displays ranging from small and basic beekeeping equipment through to large equipment and trucks.
- Honey Show This prestigious Honey Show will include categories for honey, pollen, beeswax and Mead. This competition is ONLY open to registered Congress delegates.
- An interesting and varied array of honey and hive products creates great media interest which brings into focus the value of honey bees and beekeeping while raising the profile of this industry. All delegates are encouraged to add to this display with their products to create a large and varied display of products of the hive.
- Social Events A number of social events will be available for delegates to choose including an evening to Meet the Guest Speakers, a Beekeepers Breakfast, the official Congress Dinner, Connecting Young Beekeepers session, a Technical Tour, a High Tea as well as well as a night at the the highly successful “Outback Spectacular” on the Gold Coast.
Registrations are now open and can be downloaded here.
Visit www.australianbeecongress.com.au for further information on
- Social Functions
- Honey Show Competition (including Regulations, Schedule and Entry Form)
- Speakers biography
- General Information (including Accommodation information)
- Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Congress Contact details
Come to the Congress to –
- meet with commercial and hobby beekeepers, researchers and delegates in agricultural fields from around Australia and overseas
- hear and learn more on beekeeping and pollination
- maybe become a winner in the prestigious Honey Show
- enjoy some of the social events
- enjoy the warmth of Queensland’s winter on the Gold Coast.
Brisbane Ekka (Royal Brisbane Show)
Friday 10th to Sunday 19th August 2018
The Queensland Beekeepers Association will again be present with HONEY COURT located in the Agricultural Pavilion.
There will be
- Apicultural Competition
- educational sessions with beekeepers
- free honey tasting
- sale of honey and products of the hive